9.28.2009

weekend project: office.





this project has been on the radar since my husband, mayank, and i moved in 8 months ago. what to do with the alcove that is not quite a room? it's in the back of the apt with not much natural light, no windows and the lovely hummmm of the laundry closet. no complaining. happy that there is in unit laundry. at first in my opinion it was an excellent storage room but after loosing a long battle with my husband i started to admit that it really was the best spot for my office.

the next step was designing the space-i did a lot of research on what off the shelf items we could buy but i have to admit it is a pretty challenging nook. i even made the mistake of purchasing a book shelf and desk form west elm but returned it after i realized how horrible the quality of their case goods are-ive made the mistake once before. never again. there were excessive paint imperfections and they took way to long to put together. in the end they were just not the right fit.

then we thought that custom was the way to go. after getting a couple quotes we realized this is something that may have to happen later. i was getting anxious for a place for all my stuff! i returned to my round one of catalogue research and found this great desk at CB2. It was cheap, durable and looks great. i could not be happier. the rest of the furniture/accessories are from other rooms in our house.

8 months later here it is! so far-it's a work in progress but i love my nest. it even gets me excited to start working in the morning. i have a place for all of my resources and collectibles from all of my travels.

i wish i had before photos to share but to give you an idea this "room" used to be a beige hole.
p.s. the pictures are not great because there is no perfect angle but i hope you guys get the idea.

enjoy!

1 comment: